OK my lovelies. It cometh but once a year, but it’s COMPETITION TIME.
I’ve got 10 of these lovelies (books, not feet) to give away (signed and dedicated, obvs), so here’s how to enter:
1. Take the best photo you can of your pet (or someone else’s pet) “reading” a book or an e-reader.
2. Post it on your timeline on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the caption:
<Insert pet name here> would like to win a copy of Nick Alexander’s new novel #PerfectlyOrdinaryPeople because <insert the funniest reason you can think of here>.
3. Make sure you tag me in your post AND use the hashtag as shown otherwise I won’t see it and won’t be able to consider your entry.
4. You can enter as many times as you wish to increase your chances but only one prize will be given per entrant.
5. Competition closes on the 30 June whereupon the ten best photos (as decided by ME!) will receive a signed dedicated copy of Perfectly Ordinary People.
6. The 3 best entries will also receive a signed dedicated copy of From Something Old AND the best overall entry will get a bottle of Champagne as well!
7. Book prizes will be sent by unregistered snail mail which may (post Brexshit) take up to 1 month to arrive.
GO! GO! GO!
So, it’s (bookshelf clear-out) competition time.
As you must know by now (!) my new novel The Other Son is out on Kindle and in Paperback format this Saturday. To celebrate here’s a fun little free-to-enter competition whereby you can win copies of my books (they’ve been taking up bookshelf space for too long!).
Continue reading →
My new novel, The Other Son is out on the 17th of October on Kindle and paperback.
For those who can’t wait, here’s a free, hefty excerpt of the opening chapters.
You can read it online here (below), or even download one of the following files for your e-reader.
• for Kindle ( .mobi )
(Email this file to the email address of your Kindle (specified under Your Account / Digital Content / Manage Your Content And Devices / Your Devices) or connect your kindle via USB and drag this file onto it.
• iBooks ( .ePub ) Also works for other brands of ereader.
Install the iBooks app on your iPhone or iPad, then Email this file to yourself. When you click on it the iPhone will invite you to open it in iBooks.
THE OTHER SON (Excerpt)
PART ONE – THE MARRIAGE
Alice slides the shoulder of the shirt over the end of the ironing board and slowly smoothes out the creases, working the iron gently back and forth. In front of her, beyond the window pane, the November rain lashes down, hammering the roses. They had been so pretty in summer, but now, like everything else, like her, in fact, they are merely hanging in there, waiting for winter to pass. Continue reading →
The news has been full of stories about the feud between Amazon and Hachette these last few months. In a nutshell, Amazon have been trying to force Hachette to accept lower retailers pricing for some of their ebooks, and Hachette has been refusing. With Amazon halting pre-orders of some Hachette titles, and Hachette orchestrating public petitions from well known authors in their defence, most notably J.K Rowling and Stephen King, the least that can be said is that it’s been getting dirty. There have even been calls to boycott Amazon entirely.
Continue reading →